Sunday, December 28, 2008

Eighth installment of the ISBP: Tim McFarlane

This installation takes us to Tim McFarlane's work and studio. He lives and works in Philadelphia, and shows at Bridgette Mayer Gallery. I appreciate the controlled chaos of Tim's studio: looks like lots of activity, lots of good energy--just like his paintings.




Untitled 2008
acrylic on panel 36" x 36"



Tim writes: This is my second studio space I've had that was outside of a living space. It's in an old factory in the Old City section of Philadelphia and very raw, perfect for not worrying about paint spatters on the walls or floor. It can be disorienting when someone walks in because there's always a mix of old works and new works in progress scattered around.

1 comment:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I like this series of posts Pam. It is always a treat to see creative spaces. I also took a look at your work, and found it compelling.