Friday, August 17, 2007

vernacular geometry





Inspired by Joanne Mattera's recent blog postings of urban color and geometry photos, I'm putting my own photos of what I've come to think of as "vernacular geometry" out here. joannemattera.blogspot.com/

These were taken over the past few months in the Old City area of Philadelphia whilst on a gallery-hopping expedition with my buddy artist Michelle Marcuse. See her work at http://www.michellemarcuse.com. She's an artist working in encaustic and photo transfer, so we collected some other digital photos images of "vernacular" light.

Joanne says she's been snapping these kind of images for a long time, and I know I have. I figure other artists who do not work primarily in photography must be doing the same. I'm hoping others will post their "vernacular" imagery here as well.

No comments: