But you can't trace time
Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace I'm going through
I have found myself thinking of David Bowie's lyrics lately. Ch-ch-ch-changes indeed. I am quite aware of what I'm going through. Here is my bulleted list of transitions:
- I have new a studio that will increase my painting space considerably. It was built this week, on Thursday, August 30. The construction of my outbuilding is complete, but the HVAC needs to be installed, the walls insulated and painted, and the floor covered. I should be able to move in by the end of September. I'm currently working in an 8 x 10 space in a room with a peaked roof which makes the walls about 4 feet high. I can only stand up in the middle of the room, and it's difficult for more than one person to be in the room at the same time. I bump my head frequently. We call it the Nun's Room.
- Wednesday, August 29 was my 26th wedding anniversary. I made lobster risotto and we had a nice bottle of wine.
- I've been working with oil as a little break from encaustic and a break from the heat. It's been nice. I miss the wax, but I feel like I'm spreading my wings. My work is changing. I'll post jpegs of the work soon.
- In less than two weeks, I'll be 50. 'Nuf said.
- On Tuesday, August 28, I got my clinical social work license; I am now a therapist with full licensure.
- Since February '07, I've been painting full-time. I am now looking for a job. Going back to work will be a big change.
- It's the end of summer.
- I've been making some really nice new friends.